Sunday, October 9, 2011

sunday, sunday

What a great weekend. Lots of relaxing, a couple weird movies, errand running, and some good food. Now to end it with a little more good food...


"Grilled Salmon a la Me"

I love grilling fish in foil packets. While the red-meat carnivores in my life feast on grilled tri-tip, I opted for some lighter fare. I threw together a quick recipe of things I had on hand and BAM! That's all I can say. 

In case you're wondering, this is what I did:

First, I took out enough foil to double over and have extra to seal off the top when it is ready to be cooked. I put some sesame oil down on the bottom and laid the salmon on its glorified death bed. I spread a little more sesame oil on top, followed by some soy sauce. I sliced a few lemon pieces and also squirted some on for good measure. I laid them on top, and also added a few small pieces of butter to go on top of the slices. I sprinkled a little black pepper, and finished with some fresh cilantro sprigs. I also had a bit of rice wine vinegar to spruce it up, but I'm just weird and it can easily be left out. I just sealed it all up on top and threw it on the grill, for about 20 minutes. 

Awesome fish, hot rice, and a fresh salad. Great way to end the weekend. 

I feel like sending myself a thank you card. Or at least a text. 



No comments:

Post a Comment