I'm supposed to be laying down right now, but here I am at the computer.
On Wednesday I went in to labor and delivery at the hospital because I had been having contractions since about 4am. These were far more painful than the ones I had previously complained about. I thought it was go time! After waiting around for about five hours, I finally decided to go in. They weren't necessarily getting stronger or closer together, but my Dr. thought it would be a good idea, so off I went. They hooked me up to the monitors and did a cervical check. I was only 1cm dilated and about 80% effaced. These contractions weren't doing much though, and they had decreased in frequency and intensity quite a bit since the morning. I could still feel them though. The nurse said I had an "irritable uterus" and could be in the beginning stages of labor, so the Dr. wanted me to to take the terbutaline shots again. Again! I just didn't want to. I hate to go against what my Dr. says, but sometimes you just have to stand up for yourself and trust your body. I have had 3 children, and been through 3 labors so I feel like I know my body pretty well when it comes to this. At this stage, I knew my body was gearing down, and things weren't progressing. So, I basically said I didn't want the shot. She said she would just call my Dr. and let him know. So she came back and said that as long as I rested and drank lots of water, I could go home without the shot. I just didn't see any point in stopping these weak contractions that weren't doing anything. If my uterus was irritable, I would calm it down by staying off my feet and not getting worked up about anything (like my crazy kids who have been driving me up the walls the last few days). I still had some contractions the last few days, but its mostly when I get up and do things. Yesterday I had the chance to relax all day, but getting up to make dinner and clean a little did actually set them off. So, I can totally feel this irritable uterus thing at work. I'm trying to stay off my feet as much as possible, and I am trying to stay calm. I will be 36 weeks on Wednesday, so my Dr wants me to hold her in a little bit longer if I can. I have an appointment on Monday with him, so we can check her position and we can discuss this in further detail. I will update then!
I have been neglecting this blog and haven't even cracked into the new one I made. I have been battling in my mind over what I want to do with them. Do I want to combine them? Focus only on the personal one for now, or go ahead with my original plan of separating content? It all comes down to time, for now. I'm just focusing on getting things ready for the baby and keeping myself healthy until its time. So, don't count me out just yet!
Hope everyone has a good weekend!