Wednesday, September 21, 2011

you are my sunshine

"Where is the sun?" Emme asks this question on a daily per-car-ride basis. Her newly found curiosity with the sun must be taken seriously, or so she insists by her repetitive inquiries. I'm all for it, baby girl. I remember Luciana had a similar fascination with the moon at her age. I decided to let Emme create something special to hallmark her fascination with the most powerful energy in our environment. I mean, when you really stop to think about the sun's magnificence, omnipresence (in one form or another), and its sheer power, how could you not be captivated? It's an even cuter fascination because its trans-generational. My father has always had a marked interest in astronomy which he passed on to me, and now my children are finding they have an interest as well. Actually, Erik does too. So, Emme's affection for the sun coupled with her desire to attend school like her big sissy warranted some extra special activity. We made our very own sun. She just about died with glee as she danced to "You are My Sunshine" and dangled her sun on a string. Ahh, the simple delights of childhood.


You'll never know dear, how much I love you.
This is serious business, mama.
Finished Product. Created with her own hands.
RaRa, don't eat the markers please!



I know my day has been successful if I can bring any amount of sunshine to the lives of the ones I love. <3

P.S. This activity also helped Emme to focus on the color yellow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment